Microsoft Outlook stores its data including mailbox files, email folders, contacts or any other data in single PST (Personal Storage Table) file on your computer. Microsoft Outlook is used as a standard email client to send and receive emails related to personal or business communications. One more benefit of using Outlook is that it has many attributes like Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Notes, Appointments and other folders to carry out various activities using your Outlook account. Well, you and other Outlook users cannot afford to miss a single email from your entire mail folder. In this regards, you know that Inbox is the most important folder, which stores all your incoming emails from different contacts.
The Outlook is an integral part of life for those who are using Outlook for several years as it contains a huge collection of their emails and other data. Sometimes, when you use Outlook, you may notice it has been working extremely slow or come across some error messages. If Microsoft Outlook cannot open your Inbox folder and it is reporting that your Inbox folder or Outlook PST is damaged, then you should try repairing Outlook Inbox using a ScanPST tool. Otherwise, you will suffer from the loss of precious Outlook data when your Outlook Inbox folder refuses to open for any reason!! Outlook automatically includes an Inbox repair tool called ScanPST.exe supplied by Microsoft and it is installed by default while installing Microsoft Office Suite 2000 to 2016.
However ScanPST.exe tool repairs only the header of the PST file and fails when PST file or its Inbox folder are severely corrupted. Also if you encounter any errors during repair of Outlook PST file using ScanPST.exe, it may lead to further damage of PST files and to repair such PST file is a difficult task. Then how to repair MS Outlook Inbox, when ScanPST.exe fails? Don’t lose hope, it is possible to repair and restore Outlook emails along with other data through the use of an excellent tool known as the Outlook PST Repair tool. This reliable tool has a potential to fix the PST file when Outlook inbox repair tool not responding on account of severe corruption to the PST file. This program is a highly appreciated, trusted and referred by various industry experts as the best Microsoft Outlook PST Repair software to repair Outlook PST file in a safe and secure way.
Scenarios which may corrupt the Outlook Inbox folders are:
- Compacting a PST file: Generally, compaction operation is performed on MS Outlook PST file to remove its empty spaces so that it reduces the PST file size on the storage drive (hard disk). But errors/interruptions during compaction operation can damage your PST file and make its Inbox folder unreadable.
- Using PST file over shared network: Outlook PST file can get corrupted when you use it over shared network due to defective network devices or due to frequent modification by multiple users. Outlook Inbox may stop responding after the corruption of MS Outlook file.
- Oversized PST file: When Microsoft Outlook PST file exceeds its fixed file size limit as a result of the accumulation of a large quantity of data when you forget to delete unnecessary items from Inbox or personal folders. This problem is very common, in the MS Outlook 2000 and 2002 versions as its fixed size limit are 2GB.
- Software upgradation: When you upgrade the Outlook installed on your PC from an older to a newer version, there are possibilities of facing PST file corruption due to compatibility issues. The same might happen after the up-gradation or re-installation of the operating system on your Windows computer.
- PST file header corruption: Outlook PST file header might get damaged as a consequence of severe virus attacks, abrupt termination of Outlook, etc. Moreover, sending bulk emails to many people at a time can freeze your Outlook file, which later stops working and you won’t be able to access its Inbox emails.
Repair Outlook Inbox using PST repair utility
The important emails are stored in Microsoft Outlook mailboxes including the Inbox, Outbox, Sent Items, Drafts, Deleted Items folder and other Personal folders. When these folders become corrupted due to the above-mentioned reasons don’t get anxious, instead, use this Microsoft Outlook PST Repair software to fix and recover emails from PST file. It will successfully repair an Outlook PST file and create a new PST file to save the recovered emails and Outlook attributes like Contacts, Calendar, Notes, Journals, RSS Feeds, Appointments, etc. Hence, it will avoid further damage to the original Outlook PST file. You can fix Outlook PST file on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP using the software effectively.
It uses two scan options namely- Normal Scan and Smart Scan to fix corrupted, damaged, broken or inaccessible MS Outlook PST file even after displaying errors. In addition, recovering deleted personal folders from Outlook 2007 PST file and items lost after emptying the Deleted Items folder is possible with the Outlook PST Repair software. This repair PST tool will enable you to preview the recovered Outlook items on Outlook Style browser interface. Using this Outlook PST File Repair tool, you can even fix password protected and highly encrypted PST files. You will be able to repair corrupted PST file on Outlook 2003 and PST files created using 2000, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016 versions of Microsoft Outlook.
Simple Steps to Repair Outlook Inbox:
1: Download and install the Microsoft PST Repair program on your PC. After launching the program you will get a welcome window as shown in Figure 1. Select the path of the PST file where it is stored on the hard drive by using the "Browse" button. If you are not sure about the location of PST file, search for it using Find option.
Figure 1: Welcome Window
2: You will be opted to select the preferred scan method between "Normal Scan" and "Smart scan" for repairing corrupt PST file. Select the required scan method based on the severity of corruption. If the PST file is severely corrupted then go for "Smart scan" if not work with "Normal Scan" as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Select Scan Method
3: Upon selecting the desired scan method, set the destination path and click on "Repair" button to initiate the repairing process. Once the repair process is finished, you will get a list of recovered items in Outlook styled browser as shown in Figure 3. Evaluate the chances of recovery using the preview option. If you are satisfied with the results purchase the software to save repaired PST file.
Figure 3: Repaired PST Data