Microsoft Outlook 2007 is an emailing, calendar and task organizing program that is included in some versions of the Microsoft office. It can be used as a stand-alone application or can work with the Microsoft Exchange server and Microsoft SharePoint for multiple users in an organization such as shared mailboxes and Calendars, SharePoint lists and Meeting schedules. Many people depend on the Microsoft Outlook 2007 heavily in order to manage daily activities and communications. Many third-party add-on applications available in the market integrate Outlook with devices such as BlackBerry mobile phones and other software like office and Skype internet connections. Even though it is equipped with much-advanced features some problems that arise during use can hamper the productivity.
Anything that is received or created in an Outlook is stored in PST (Personal Storage Table) file. If the PST file of Outlook 2007 gets damaged or corrupted because of any reasons then you are at the risk of losing all the Outlook information. Microsoft provides an Inbox Repair tool called scanpst.exe in order to fix the problems associated with the PST file of Outlook 2007. This application thoroughly scans the PST file and fixes the problem if the PST file is not severely corrupted. If the file is severely corrupted beyond repair by scanpst.exe then you need to use a best third-party application like Microsoft PST Repair program for repairing Outlook 2007 PST file.
PST files of Outlook 2007 gets corrupted under the following circumstances:
- Abnormal termination of an Outlook: Closing or terminating the Microsoft Outlook 2007 abnormally while it is still processing the unsaved data leads to PST file corruption. This could happen when you terminate the Outlook using “End Task” command of Windows Task manager. Other than this, there are many reasons resulting in a forceful shutdown of the system leading to an abnormal closure of Outlook profile like power failure while accessing the PST file, opening too many applications at the same time and OS crash.
- Oversized PST file: Size of an Outlook 2007 PST file is limited to 20GB. If the PST file exceeds the fixed limit then it gets corrupted, exhibits abnormal behavior and emails cannot be accessed. If the PST file is corrupted due to oversize then you may encounter the following error messages like “Cannot Move the Items. The Folder is Full” or “PST File Reached maximum Size”. Once you encounter PST error messages because of the size limit then it is important to fix the problem as soon as possible in order to avoid the risk of losing personal Outlook files. In such cases, if you are thinking how to repair Microsoft Outlook 2007, then by using this repair software you can repair PST larger than 2 GB easily with great accuracy.
- Header corruption: Header is the most vital part of the PST file. It is a sequence of characters at the beginning of the file which specifies what type of file it really is. Header stores information about the size of the file, file creation date, when the file was last updated and files type, etc. If the PST file header gets corrupted due to Virus attack, abrupt termination of Outlook, power surge then you may lose access to all the data stored in PST file. But, by using our reliable repair toolkit, it is very easy to perform Outlook 2007 PST repair and fix corrupt or damaged PST files.
- Virus attack: Deadly viruses may infect and damage the PST file. Virus intrusion severely corrupt the PST file by damaging the internal data structure of the file making the file inaccessible. For successfully repairing the Outlook 2007 PST file, you need to go for Microsoft PST Repair tool.
- Faults in the network devices: If the Outlook PST file resides on the network server then you need to access it from the client computer using network links. Network links include network interface cards, cables, hubs, routers and many more. If any of these devices constituting the network link have a problem then remote access to the PST file may corrupt it.
Other than these, there are many reasons responsible for the corruption of Microsoft Outlook 2007 PST file. In all such situations, make use of the Microsoft PST Repair program for performing Outlook 2007 PST repair and fix compressed and even password protected PST files. Thus, this software solves all queries on how to repair Microsoft Outlook 2007. It can also fix corrupt PST file of Outlook 2003, 2000, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016 with simple mouse clicks. Repaired PST files are created in 2003-2010 Outlook formats so that you can easily import recovered emails and other items back to your Outlook profile without much effort. This robust software can retrieve deleted folders from Outlook 2007 on Microsoft Windows 2010, 2007, Vista, XP with utmost ease. You can employ this easy to use program for repairing Outlook 2007 PST file and recover emails along with other Outlook attributes like calendars, RSS feeds, tasks, events, journal entries, etc. It provides highly secured repair and recovery mechanism which will never harm original PST file during the repair process. It just extracts the required contents from a damaged PST file, fixes those Outlook items and creates a new file which you can easily import to your Outlook profile. This program has the potential to fix MS Outlook Inbox PST files when ScanPST.exe tool fails to repair severely corrupted PST file.
Simple steps to repair Outlook 2007 PST file:
1: Download and install the Microsoft PST Repair program on your PC. After launching the program, you will get a welcome window as shown in Figure 1. Select the path of PST file where it is stored on the hard drive by using the "Browse" button. If you are not sure about the location of PST file, search for it using Find option.
Figure 1: Welcome Window
2: You will be opted to select the preferred scan method between "Normal Scan" and "Smart scan" for repairing Outlook 2007 PST file. Select the required scan method based on the severity of corruption. If the PST file is severely corrupted then go for "Smart scan" if not work with "Normal Scan" as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Select Scan Method
3: Upon selecting the desired scan method, set the destination path and click on "Repair" button to initiate a repairing process. Once the repair process is finished, you will get the list of recovered items in Outlook styled browser as shown in Figure 3. Evaluate the chances of recovery using the preview option. If you are satisfied with the results purchase the software to save repaired PST file.
Figure 3: Repaired PST Data
Tips to avoid Microsoft Outlook 2007 PST file corruption:
- Always keep the updated back up copy of PST file.
- Use best anti virus program to avoid virus invasion.
- Never terminate the Outlook profile abruptly without following system commands.
- Always try to delete unwanted items from PST file in order to avoid PST file corruption due to oversize.